Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mancy's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

If I have one claim to fame it is that I think I make the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted.  After years of playing with the Toll House recipe, I think I have reached my personal best. I have this recipe memorized and can whip them up in less then 5 minutes.  Nancy.


1 c butter flavored crisco (or unsalted butter but crisco works better)
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp good quality vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 c oatmeal
1 1/2 flour
2 c chocolate chips or for a real treat break up dark dove chocolates (thanks JohnT)
1 c walnuts (unless your Davyd, then never mind)


I always mix cookies by hand with my favorite wooden spoon.  Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla.  Add salt and baking soda and mix till blended.  Add oats and flour and continue to blend.  Mix in the chips and nuts.  Try not to eat too much dough and bake at 375 for (depending on your oven) 10 minutes to keep them chewy or 12 if you like them crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment